It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18-Volt Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18-Volt Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18-Volt Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18-Volt LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the Star Symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Automatic speed change technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- BL brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers 8,500 RPM
- Efficient BL brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- Electronically-controlled BL brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 14-1/4 in. L
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
There are no reviews yet.