The Makita 4-1/2 in. SJS II High Power Angle Grinder (GA4542C) combines power, convenience, comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial performance. It is ideal for cutting, grinding ferrous metal, paint and rust removal, shipyard maintenance, metal polishing, general steel grinding, auto repair work, cutting brick and masonry, restoration work and more. The GA4542C is equipped with SJS II, a mechanical gear drive system to help prevent motor and gear damage by dampening the force on the gear when the wheel is forced to stop. SJS II is also features a leaf spring and cam gear drive mechanism that is engineered to reduce vibration for increased operator comfort during extended use. The 12 Amp motor delivers 2,800-11,000 RPM for versatility and maximum productivity. Labyrinth construction protects the motor with a complex set of channels, prohibiting dust and contamination from entering the motor. Additional protection features include a Zig-Zag epoxy applied to both sides of the armature coil and a powder-coating to the field. This forms a barrier under rotation and is engineered to protect from dust and debris penetration for longer tool life.
- Powerful 12.0 Amp motor delivers more output and variable (2,800 – 11,000) RPM
- SJS II provides a mechanical gear drive system to help prevent motor and gear damage by dampening the force on the gear when the wheel is forced to stop
- SJS II provides a leaf spring and cam gear drive mechanism that is engineered to reduce vibration for increased operator comfort during extended use
- Vibration absorbing side handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Electronic controller provides constant speed control which automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load
- Electronic controller provides soft start which suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Electronic controller provides an electronic current limiter which helps protect the motor from overload
- Variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Tool-less wheel guard for easy adjustment
- Slide switch with lock-on for continuous use
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
There are no reviews yet.