Build your own tool kit with the 18-Volt Compact Lithium-ion Battery and Charger Starter Pack. Makita offers over 100 cordless tools and most are available both in kits (with batteries and charger) and as bare tools (tool-only, no batteries or charger included). Pick up the Makita Starter Pack and then select the bare tools you need to get the job done. It’s an ideal way to start building a Makita cordless tool line-up. Makita 18-Volt Lithium-ion batteries resist self-discharge so they’re ready for use even after long periods of storage. The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger is a smart-charging system that communicates with the battery during the charging process to monitor current, voltage and temperature. This advanced charging technology helps optimize battery life and deliver a faster charge. In addition, the Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster and more efficient charging, even in hot weather conditions. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. Makita, the innovation leader in cordless tool technology, has the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by 18-Volt lithium-ion slide-style batteries.
- Includes: 18-Volt 4.0Ah LXT lithium-ion battery (BL1840B), 18-Volt lithium-ion rapid optimum charger (DC18RC)
- Integrated LED battery charge level indicator allows user to monitor battery charge
- Provides up to 35% more run time per charge compared to BL1830
- 18-Volt LXT lithium-ion 4.0Ah battery reaches a full charge in 40 minutes or less
- Battery delivers consistent power and run time in extreme temperatures, even in winter (-4 degrees F / -20 degrees C)
- Equipped with STAR protection computer controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating
- Impact-resistant outer case and shock-absorbing inner liner are engineered to protect the battery
- 16 contact terminals maintain a constant connection with tool to help prevent power loss or fluctuation, even during high-vibration applications
- Battery resists self-discharge and remains ready for use even after long periods of storage
- Compatible only with STAR Protection tools, indicated by the star symbol and/or yellow battery receiver under the tool
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with battery’s built-in chip throughout charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Built-in fan circulates air through battery during charging process to cool battery for faster charge time
- 3-year limited warranty
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
There are no reviews yet.