The Makita 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion battery charges faster and works longer than standard lithium-ion batteries, giving you and your cordless tools unmatched performance and productivity to take on the most demanding applications. The Makita 4.0Ah battery combines more run time (35% more run time per charge than the Makita BL1830 battery) with a category-leading charge time of only 40 minutes, so it spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For added convenience, it also features an LED charge level indicator to monitor battery charge. The 18-Volt LXT 4.0Ah battery (BL1840) is compatible only with Star Protection tools, indicated by the Star Symbol and/or Yellow Battery Receiver under the tool. Makita 18-Volt Lithium-Ion batteries resist self-discharge so they’re ready for use even after long periods of storage. The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger (sold separately) is a smart-charging system that communicates with the battery during the charging process to monitor current, voltage and temperature. This advanced charging technology helps optimize battery life and deliver a faster charge. In addition, the Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster and more efficient charging, even in hot weather conditions. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls.
- Integrated LED battery charge level indicator allows user to monitor battery charge
- Provides up to 35% more run time per charge compared to BL1830
- Reaches full charge in 40 minutes or less
- Compatible only with star protection tools, indicated by the star symbol and/or yellow battery receiver under the tool
- Battery delivers consistent power and run time in extreme temperatures, even in winter (-4°F/-20°C)
- Equipped with star protection computer controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Impact-resistant outer case and shock-absorbing inner-liner are engineered to protect the battery
- 16 contact terminals maintain a constant connection with the tool to help prevent power loss or fluctuation, even during high-vibration applications
- Battery resists self-discharge and remains ready for use even after long periods of storage
- Makita 18-Volt lithium-ion is the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18-Volt lithium-ion slide-style battery
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (charger not included)
- 3-year limited warranty
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
There are no reviews yet.