The Makita 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Planer (model XPK01Z, tool only) combines the speed and capacity of a corded planer with the convenience of cordless. The result is fast and accurate stock removal, without the cord. This tool is part of Makita’s expanding 18-Volt Lithium-Ion series, an extensive cordless tool line-up powered by an 18-Volt lithium-ion slide-style battery that offers an exceptionally fast charge time. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls, which allows the STAR-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can be powered by any Makita 18-Volt LXT and compact lithium-ion batteries displaying the star symbol.
- Includes socket wrench (782209-3), blade set (D-16966) and blade gauge (123062-2)
- 2-blade cutter head with double-edged carbide blades for superior performance and smooth finish
- High power-to-weight ratio; weighs only 7.4 lbs.
- 14,000 RPM motor engineered for fast stock removal
- Click depth adjustment knob with easy-to-read scale includes settings from 0 in. to 5/64 in. for precise depth adjustment
- Spring-loaded stand elevates the base to protect the blades and work piece
- Precision machined aluminum base for planning accuracy
- Ergonomically centered balance with rubberized soft grips on the front and rear handles for increased comfort
- Easy blade setting system for fast blade installation
- Electric brake ensures maximum productivity
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating
- Compatible with Makita 18-Volt lithium-ion batteries with a star symbol
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 3-year warranty on tool
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov