This Pentek 150233 20-BB 1 in. #20 Big Blue filter housing with pressure relief is suitable for high-flow and heavy sediment applications. The opaque blue sump is made of reinforced polypropylene for strength and resistance to chemicals, and the black cap is made of high-flow polypropylene (HFPP) for stiffness. The black cap has 1” female National Pipe Thread Taper (NPT) threaded input and output connections and a nitrile butadiene rubber (Buna-N) O-ring to ensure a watertight seal. A pressure relief button on the inlet side of the cap releases pressure in the housing for changing filter cartridges. The housing can be used with a 20 in. x 4-1/2 in. filter cartridge. It has an initial pressure drop of 1 psi at a flow rate of 15 GPM, a maximum operating pressure of 90 psi, and a maximum operating temperature of 100°F (37.8°C). This filter housing meets National Sanitation Foundation/American National Standards Institute (NSF/ANSI) standard 42 for quality assurance, and is for use in various high-flow applications, including residential drinking water filtration, food service, and irrigation, among others.
- Large filter housing for high-flow and heavy sediment applications
- Reinforced polypropylene sump for strength and chemical resistance
- Use with a 20 in. x 4-1/2 in. filter cartridge (sold separately)
- Pressure relief button for easier cartridge replacement
- Initial pressure drop of 1 psi at a flow rate of 15 GPM