The Makita 12 Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser and Stand (model LS1219LX) combines capacity, accuracy and efficient dust extraction in a more compact size, with a unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System that offers a reduced footprint for operation flush against a wall. The innovative direct-drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity of baseboard (6-3/4) and crown molding (8 nested). It will also make 15 crosscuts at 90°. The saw miters 0° to 60° left and right, with positive stops at 0, 15, 22.5, 31.6, 45 and 60 (left or right). The bevel lock is located in the front of the saw for easy access and quick adjustments from 0° to 48° (left and right). The saw is powered by a 15 Amp direct drive motor with soft start, a key point of difference. Direct drive enables smoother start-ups and consistent, constant power with no belts to slip or replace. The electric brake provides added convenience. In addition, the electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smoother, higher-quality cutting.
- Unique 2-steel rail sliding system design offers single slide-glide operation, reduced saw footprint allows operation flush against a wall
- Increased capacity for up to 8 in. crown molding (vertically nested), 6-3/4 in. baseboard (vertical), and 15 in. crosscuts at 90°
- In-front bevel lock for convenient operation
- Dual dust collection ports provide excellent dust extraction performance
- Includes a durable compact folding stand with transport wheels and a side handle for easier job site portability, features an aluminum tubular design weighing only 33.7 lbs.
- Material support extensions of the stand extend 100-1/2 in., supported up to 500 lbs. for increased cutting efficiency
- Innovative direct drive motor and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (6-3/4 in. )
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver dead-on accurate cuts
- Less weight (65 lbs.) and the most compact design in its class for easy jobsite portability
- Powerful 15.0 Amp direct drive motor requires less maintenance and delivers 3,200 RPM
- Large-sized aluminum base improves stability of material for efficient cutting
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Miters 0-60 left and right, bevels 0-48 left and right
- Positive miter stops at: 0, 15, 22.5, 31.6, 45, and 60 left or right
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smoother, higher quality cutting
- Integrated upper and lower 5-1/2 in. tall fence system offers added rigidity for more precise miter and bevel cuts
- Built-in laser clearly indicates line-of-cut whether blade is turning or not, on-off switch and micro-adjustments for precise “left-of-blade” or “right-of-blade” cutting
- Ergonomic rubberized horizontal D-handle design for better fit and added comfort
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
There are no reviews yet.