Replacement filter pack for the ISPRING #CU-A4 Ultrafiltration Water Filtration System which utilizes State-of-the-art UF Hollow Fiber Technology, the same technology in personal water filters, which removes 7 log (99.99999%) of all bacteria and 6 log (99.9999%) of all protozoa. Its certified 0.1 micron (comparing to 0.2 micron in Watt UF3) absolute filter removes bacteria and protozoa at a higher rate than accepted EPA guidelines. It is estimated that VOCs (volatile organic chemicals) are present in one-fifth of the nation’s water supplies. These contaminants can enter ground water from a variety of sources, including herbicide and pesticide runoff, gasoline or oil spills, leaking underground fuel tanks, disinfection byproducts, septic system cleaners, and chemicals used in the dry cleaning industry. The CU-A4 keeps you safe from these and other VOCs with its 4-stage filtration.
- 1 x 1st stage: 5 micron sediment filter that can effectively remove rust, sand, and solid impurities in water to protect delicate UF membrane, lasts 6 months
- 1 x 3rd stage: KDF media (or kinetic degradation fluxion media) with activated carbon, KDF itself is known to kill algae and fungi, control bacteria growth, and remove chlorine, pesticides, organic matter, rust, unpleasant taste and odor, hydrogen sulfide, iron, lead, nickel, chromium, cadmium, calcium, aluminium, mercury, arsenic, and other organic compounds, when used with carbon, KDF can extend carbon filter life for up to 8 times, it also adds a healthy dose of zinc ions to the filter water, lasts 6 months
- 1 x 4th stage: post activated carbon filter adopting fine coconut shell activated carbon with ultra-micron aperture, this carbon filter absorbs residual chlorine, organics, humus, and odor, lasts 6 months
- Unique swivel-valve, push-button assembly allows for easy installation
- Capable to work at low water pressure